We would like to invite everyone out to Candidate Forum 2022 on April 21st at the Stanton City Park Sheltered Stage. The event will begin at 6:00. Seating may be limited, so we advise you to bring a chair.
In addition to our Democratic Party candidates, we will also be allowing any candidate running for a non-partisan office to speak. We believe it’s important to let the people hear from the Judicial candidates, which typically are non-partisan races. This ensures the voters are well-informed on what is going on with our courts, as well as programs sponsored by the courts.
Each candidate will have a limited amount of time to speak directly to those in the audience. We encourage each candidate to stay positive and to adhere to the time limits. Those time limits are:
- Regional Candidates – 7 minutes
- County-wide Candidates – 5 minutes
- Precinct & District Candidates – 2 minutes
The speaking order is determined by the scope of the race, the last name of the candidate, and whether or not they’re an incumbent. This means that candidates will speak in alphabetical order by their last name, with the incumbent for that position going last. Here is the order of speakers, as well those that have already confirmed:
- U.S. House of Representatives – 6th Congressional District – Chris Preece
- Kentucky Senate – 30th District – Sid Allen
- Kentucky House of Representatives – 91st District – Martina Jackson
- Circuit Judge – 39th Circuit (Non-Partisan) – Lisa Whisman (Incumbent), Cameron Adams
- Family Court Judge – 39th Circuit (Non-Partisan) – Monica Lacy
——– INTERMISSION ——–
- Judge Executive – James Anderson (Incumbent)
- Property Valuation Administrator – Paul Mallory, Marty Tipton
- Magistrate – District #1 – Randy Goodwin
- Magistrate – District #3 – Jason Lindon
- Magistrate – District #4 – Dean Rogers
The format will be a single podium that focuses all the attention on the candidate. It is not a Town Hall or Q&A event. If you have questions, we encourage you to ask the candidates directly in the time before or after the event, or during one of the intermissions.
We ask that candidates check-in with the greeters when they arrive. They’ll have the opportunity to provide any special instructions, or to get any last-minute information about the event at that time. If you fail to check-in, you may miss your speaking spot since we won’t know you’ve arrived. We would like candidates to show up at 5:30 to give those constituents who wish to engage directly time to be heard before the broadcast starts at 6:00.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to us. You can find all the ways to message us on our Contact Us page.
Covid has hit us hard. two years of expenses with very little coming in. If you would like to help us out, you can purchase some of our excellent merchandise from our online store or donate to us directly via ActBlue. Any amount would be greatly appreciated!